Birlasoft Saves $1 Million With Mercury Solution
With the successful deployment of Mercury IT Governance Center, Birlasoft, a leading outsourcer of information technology (IT) services, has not only boosted productivity but also managed to save a cool one million dollars in the bargain.
Mercury IT Governance Center is an enterprise offering that helps customers automate IT business processes from demand management to portfolio, program and resource management, to final production.
“We needed a way to continuously improve our processes and provide higher value and quality services to our customers,” said Kamal Mansharamani, chief executive officer of Birlasoft.
“With Mercury IT Governance Center, we saved about a million dollars in just six months with our focus being better quality, higher productivity and greater customer satisfaction,” added Mansharamani.
Birlasoft initially applied Mercury IT Governance Center to two problem areas within its organization: project management and customer visibility. Project management costs were running 18% of project budgets on an average. Customers, many of them 10,000 miles away, were unable to know the status of their projects and time zone difference hampered traditional communication methods.
However, with Mercury IT Governance Center automating and enforcing action on project steps, project management costs were cut by more than two-thirds, from 18% to 5% within a few months. Moreover, Birlasoft customers gained real-time access to their projects’ status, so they could see for themselves where they stood and what remained to be done.
Developed by Mercury Interactive Corporation, an enterprise software company, IT Governance Center comprises of integrated applications, a real-time dashboard and an enterprise foundation. Applications within the offering include demand management, portfolio and project management, financial management, time and change management among others.
Birlasoft is the global technology services division of the CK Birla Group, one of India’s premier commercial and industrial companies.
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Women Hold Just 1 in 5 Sales Leadership Positions
- Women Hold Just One in Five Sales Leadership Positions
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business