Biz Stone Compares Twitter to Google
If speculations are to be believed, the search engine giant is in advanced talks to takeover popular micro-blogging site - Twitter. A report in TechCrunch quote sources close to the negotiations as saying that the negotiations have ‘reached an advanced stage’.
Twitter is a microblogging site that allows users to send short messages of up to 140 characters. Its popularity has soared drastically since its launch and it now has well known personalities from all walks of life on it. It has however drawn criticism for failing to have a business model until March this year, when it got its first potential revenue stream
Interestingly, earlier today, appearing on the popular American talk show — The Colbert Report, Twitter co-founder Biz Stone compared Twitter’s work philosophy to Google’s. "We are looking to become a strong profitable company however before that we want to improve the value that we offer. Once we reach a certain level we will look at the revenue. We will start experimenting with a revenue model sometime this year. This is not unlike the way Google approach their revenue," he said. Is Stone suggesting something here?
If the Google-Twitter deal does work out, Google will benefit from a social networking site that is much more popular than Orkut. It will also get the much talked about Twitter search engine which allows users to conduct real-tine search for tweets that contain the words they want.
This will not be the first time that Twitter has generated so much interest. It recently rejected a takeover bid by another biggie - Facebook. Meanwhile, Google remained unreachable for comments.
- How Businesses Can Gain From Google's Revamped Cloud Services
- Tech Titans Collaborate On Artificial Intelligence Ethics
- Social Selling Is The Future For Acquiring New Clients
- Google Announces A Slew Of Initiatives For India
- Microsoft-Adobe Ink Cloud Deal To Fight Salesforce
- 18 Ways Google Has Changed The World
- Can Microsoft Win The Cloud Battle In India?
- Microsoft To Make Remote Legal Verification Possible
- Google Drive Search Gets Smarter; What It Means For Biz Users
- India's Ed-tech Market Pegged At USD 2.5 Bn: Report