BJP, Congress Flex IT Muscle in Gujarat
Narendra Modi’s Gujarat is seeing the BJP and the Congress Party going all out with their election agenda/propaganda to win more bytes on the cyber turf in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2009.
The e-campaigns of all the major parties have already begun, taking advantage of the higher tele-density in Gujarat.
According to V. Prithvijit Singh former Rajya Sabha member and chairman-IT Department of the All India Congress Party (AICC), the party is already doing much in the state through regional party workers. "The party has come up with Jai Ho ringtones and is mass mailing its election manifesto. In addition, the party will also put videos that contain speeches of its leaders," Singh said.
The BJP on its part has set up a IT Cell which is managing a database of mobile and Internet users for bulk messages and mails. The party also has plans to upload the speeches of its leaders on video-sharing websites.
Shashi Ranjan Yadav, convenor of the IT Cell in Gujarat, said that the party is planning a Orkutians meet in Ahmedabad on similar lines to the one recently held in Maharashtra.
Considering the trend across the country, the 15th Lok Sabha elections is likely to be a watershed year for IT as it is set to emerge as an important differentiator in the political arena.
CPM, BJP IT Vision Plan To Help: Expert
Janata Dal-S to Use SMSs to Reach Voters
BJP Takes Early Lead on Tech Front
‘BJP Sees More Job Opportunities in IT Sector’
IT Part of Development Agenda: Congress
WB Uses Blogs to Get Election-ready
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Dentistry And Its Glorious Digital Future
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- GES '17: Ivanka Trump’s Focus On Tech Is Not Misplaced
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision