BJP Eyes Green Technology
Go Green or Green IT- is no more a corporate jingle, these days. On the eve of 15th Lok Sabha election, BJP s Infrastructure Vision for the couuntry promises to make India a leader in green technologies as well as developing capabilities for additional 120,000 MW of power in five years with environment-friendly usage and the development of national digital highway.
BJP’s prime ministerial candidate LK Advani said that- rapid infrastructure development is critical for the acceleration of economic growth and bridging the digital divide, and enhancement of employment opportunities. The infra vision also highlights to bring ICT revolution. It emphasizes on various sectors that include energy and power, telecom and IT, roads and railways, and civil aviation.
In a conversation with CXOtoday on ambitious infra vision for the country, Prodyut Bora, BJP s national convenor for IT said that the party will focus on non-conventional sources of energy to facilitate Green IT, and reduce carbon footprint. We ll cut down transitional losses, and promote energy-efficient home appliances and LED technology for greater efficiency, he said. According to Bora- the BJP will promote solar and renewable energy to facilitate Green IT.
Solar power however is the major source of conventional energy and 33 percent of energy comes from coal. India s share of electricity is around 4 percent in the world. The World Bank has already put $10 billion in place while the world is spending $2 billion on solar technologies annually, but unfortunately the results are not as much as were expected.
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- Digital Transformation Remains A Confused 'Buzzword' To CXOs: Study
- Entrepreneurship Perceptions On Rise In India: GEM Report
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Adarsh Credit Goes Paperless With Adobe