BJP Eyes Green Technology
Go Green or Green IT- is no more a corporate jingle, these days. On the eve of 15th Lok Sabha election, BJP s Infrastructure Vision for the couuntry promises to make India a leader in green technologies as well as developing capabilities for additional 120,000 MW of power in five years with environment-friendly usage and the development of national digital highway.
BJP’s prime ministerial candidate LK Advani said that- rapid infrastructure development is critical for the acceleration of economic growth and bridging the digital divide, and enhancement of employment opportunities. The infra vision also highlights to bring ICT revolution. It emphasizes on various sectors that include energy and power, telecom and IT, roads and railways, and civil aviation.
In a conversation with CXOtoday on ambitious infra vision for the country, Prodyut Bora, BJP s national convenor for IT said that the party will focus on non-conventional sources of energy to facilitate Green IT, and reduce carbon footprint. We ll cut down transitional losses, and promote energy-efficient home appliances and LED technology for greater efficiency, he said. According to Bora- the BJP will promote solar and renewable energy to facilitate Green IT.
Solar power however is the major source of conventional energy and 33 percent of energy comes from coal. India s share of electricity is around 4 percent in the world. The World Bank has already put $10 billion in place while the world is spending $2 billion on solar technologies annually, but unfortunately the results are not as much as were expected.
- How AR-VR Is Changing The World Of Advertising
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- Firms Struggle With Digital Transformation Investments: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Bata Strengthens Omnichannel CRM Strategy