BJP to Adopt Open Source, Connect District Offices
Taking its word in the IT Vision literally, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is utilizing IT in full force for its election campaigning. It is connecting all state headquarters and districts through WAN and has plans to opt for cent per cent open source technologies
While the party will explore the benefits of IT -driven solutions in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, it will later utilize the technologies for inter-organizational operations as well. Speaking to CXOtoday, Prodyut Bora, BJP s national convenor- IT, who has recently been voted as one of the 100 bold CIOs in the country said that the party would dissimilate technology through a localized approach.
The organization has recently decided to appoint individuals with IT expertise in all the Lok Sabha constituencies to empower technology-driven election campaigns. It will e-connect district offices in two to three years. We are rolling out wide area networks (WAN) to cover all state headquarters in the first phase, and the district headquarters in the next, he said. The organization has already deputed state IT-cell convenors in more than 15 regions.
BJP has completed the automation of several of its offices by establishing wired and wireless local area networks (LANs), local server rooms and broadband connectivity, besides other technological prerequisites.
According to Bora, BJP is probably the only large organization in the country, which is going 100 percent open source. The party has also developed an open-source IP-based Unified Communication (UC) system that facilitates IP-based telephony, instant messages, and video telephony in both- individual and broadcast modes.
- App Makers Should Create More Relevant Apps For Tech-Savvy Indians
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive