BJP to Adopt Open Source, Connect District Offices
Taking its word in the IT Vision literally, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is utilizing IT in full force for its election campaigning. It is connecting all state headquarters and districts through WAN and has plans to opt for cent per cent open source technologies
While the party will explore the benefits of IT -driven solutions in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, it will later utilize the technologies for inter-organizational operations as well. Speaking to CXOtoday, Prodyut Bora, BJP s national convenor- IT, who has recently been voted as one of the 100 bold CIOs in the country said that the party would dissimilate technology through a localized approach.
The organization has recently decided to appoint individuals with IT expertise in all the Lok Sabha constituencies to empower technology-driven election campaigns. It will e-connect district offices in two to three years. We are rolling out wide area networks (WAN) to cover all state headquarters in the first phase, and the district headquarters in the next, he said. The organization has already deputed state IT-cell convenors in more than 15 regions.
BJP has completed the automation of several of its offices by establishing wired and wireless local area networks (LANs), local server rooms and broadband connectivity, besides other technological prerequisites.
According to Bora, BJP is probably the only large organization in the country, which is going 100 percent open source. The party has also developed an open-source IP-based Unified Communication (UC) system that facilitates IP-based telephony, instant messages, and video telephony in both- individual and broadcast modes.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 12-17)
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- Embracing Technology For HR Innovation
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Positive Feedback Can Enhance Productivity Among IT Staff: Report
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- AI Interest Among CIOs Is Huge, But Deployment Is Low
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- How CIOs Can Unleash App Power In Digital Business
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 5-9)