BJP to Adopt Open Source, Connect District Offices
Taking its word in the IT Vision literally, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is utilizing IT in full force for its election campaigning. It is connecting all state headquarters and districts through WAN and has plans to opt for cent per cent open source technologies
While the party will explore the benefits of IT -driven solutions in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, it will later utilize the technologies for inter-organizational operations as well. Speaking to CXOtoday, Prodyut Bora, BJP s national convenor- IT, who has recently been voted as one of the 100 bold CIOs in the country said that the party would dissimilate technology through a localized approach.
The organization has recently decided to appoint individuals with IT expertise in all the Lok Sabha constituencies to empower technology-driven election campaigns. It will e-connect district offices in two to three years. We are rolling out wide area networks (WAN) to cover all state headquarters in the first phase, and the district headquarters in the next, he said. The organization has already deputed state IT-cell convenors in more than 15 regions.
BJP has completed the automation of several of its offices by establishing wired and wireless local area networks (LANs), local server rooms and broadband connectivity, besides other technological prerequisites.
According to Bora, BJP is probably the only large organization in the country, which is going 100 percent open source. The party has also developed an open-source IP-based Unified Communication (UC) system that facilitates IP-based telephony, instant messages, and video telephony in both- individual and broadcast modes.
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- CIOs Say, Rapid Innovation Puts CX At Risk: Study
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study