BlackBerry App World Coming Soon
Research In Motion (RIM) is readying the launch of its popular, online market place for Blackberry applications. Though a launch date was not mentioned, the company admitted that it was on their priority list.
An RIM spokesperson said that it would probably contain around 2,000 applications (both free and paid). RIM recently updated AppWorld to allow software downloads. Currently AppWorld is available in the United States, UK, and Canada
"We can’t tell the exact date of App World launch in India, but we are optimistic for its release sometime in near future," said the RIM spokesperson. "We are now promoting BlackBerry as a multi-brand national product available with service operators of the consumer’s choice," he added.
RIM has relationship with eight telecom services providers in India that include Vodafone, Airtel, and Idea as well as CDMA operators - Reliance and Tata. Frenny Bawa, VP of RIM India said they were looking at tying up with more operators in the future.
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Intel Imparts AI Training To 9,500 Techies
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- How Digital Is Transforming Child Healthcare
- Workplace Culture Drives Company’s Financial Performance
- IBM Collaborates With MIT On AI Research
- Automation To Axe 7 Lakh Jobs, But Not High-skilled Jobs