BlackBerry App World Coming Soon
Research In Motion (RIM) is readying the launch of its popular, online market place for Blackberry applications. Though a launch date was not mentioned, the company admitted that it was on their priority list.
An RIM spokesperson said that it would probably contain around 2,000 applications (both free and paid). RIM recently updated AppWorld to allow software downloads. Currently AppWorld is available in the United States, UK, and Canada
"We can’t tell the exact date of App World launch in India, but we are optimistic for its release sometime in near future," said the RIM spokesperson. "We are now promoting BlackBerry as a multi-brand national product available with service operators of the consumer’s choice," he added.
RIM has relationship with eight telecom services providers in India that include Vodafone, Airtel, and Idea as well as CDMA operators - Reliance and Tata. Frenny Bawa, VP of RIM India said they were looking at tying up with more operators in the future.
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- RJio To Connect 1100 Cities; Set For Next Level Of Disruption
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Indians Lack Awareness Of Malicious Cryptomining: Study
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- 85% Companies Not Ready For GDPR Compliance: Report
- India's Smartphone Market To See Double-Digit Growth In 2018: IDC
- Making Communication Convenient for Rural India
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business