BlackBerry App World Coming Soon
Research In Motion (RIM) is readying the launch of its popular, online market place for Blackberry applications. Though a launch date was not mentioned, the company admitted that it was on their priority list.
An RIM spokesperson said that it would probably contain around 2,000 applications (both free and paid). RIM recently updated AppWorld to allow software downloads. Currently AppWorld is available in the United States, UK, and Canada
"We can’t tell the exact date of App World launch in India, but we are optimistic for its release sometime in near future," said the RIM spokesperson. "We are now promoting BlackBerry as a multi-brand national product available with service operators of the consumer’s choice," he added.
RIM has relationship with eight telecom services providers in India that include Vodafone, Airtel, and Idea as well as CDMA operators - Reliance and Tata. Frenny Bawa, VP of RIM India said they were looking at tying up with more operators in the future.
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- HP Leads In The Declining Global PC Market: Research
- Are Wearables Finally Taking Off In The Enterprise
- Smartphone Growth To Slow Down This Year: Report
- Using Blockchain For Financial Inclusion
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- What’s Up With Mid-level IT leaders?
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion