Blackberry enables enterprises to manage Android, iOS devices
In the wake of recent rumours about Blackberry’s Messenger (BBM) coming to Android and iOS platforms, the company has announced a new feature called “Secure Work Space” with which companies (including small and large scale organization) and even individuals can manage their multiple Apple and Android devices. This service is best suited in the corporate sector scenario which requires clients to handle devices running on multiple platforms.
The Blackberry Secure Work Space works on the recently released Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) 10, which provides for easy control of various mobile devices. A Reuters report states about Blackberry having successfully set-up 18,000 BES 10 servers since the time of the server’s launch in January 2013.
Blackberry’s new feature, if implemented, would lead to a more secure approach in a corporate environment. The organization can now effectively monitor separately the employees emails, contacts, calendar, online scheduler, word editors, and even the Internet usage as well.
Currently, BES 10 is being used by a whopping 60 percent of Fortune 500 accredited companies in the United States, we can expect the Indian clients of these Fortune 500s to switch over to BES 10 and Blackberry’s new Secure Work Space feature.
Blackberry, as of late is trying to win back that significant market share which the company once owned not so long ago. The company recently introduced various smartphones such as the Z10, the Q10, along with a new operating system, the Blackberry 10.
- Are We Waiting For A Bigger Cyber Attack To Strike In 2018?
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday
- Decoding The Future Of Mobile App Economy
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 21-25)
- Why Is Android Oreo A Good Bet For Enterprise
- US Based Softvision To Hire 500 Software Engineers in India
- New App Launched To Know Everything About GST
- BlackBerry’s ‘Enterprise of Things’ To Enhance How We Work
- Google Hires Apple Chip Architect For Pixel Phones
- Millions Of Android Phones Hit By Judy Malware