BLADE Announces10 GE Switch
BLADE Network Technologies Inc., a provider of network switching infrastructure for blade servers, has announced the first 10GE switch for blade servers.
IBM, BLADE’s first OEM partner for the 10GE switch, has announced its new Virtual Fabric Architecture for BladeCenter including 10 GE switch with native blade switching and breakthrough connectivity speeds to enable advanced technologies such as high performance computing, Web 2.0, IPTV and online gaming.
Vikram Mehta, president & CEO, BLADE Network Technologies, said, “Our new 10GE blade switch for IBM BladeCenter delivers 400 Gbps of full-duplex, non-blocking throughput so our customers can confidently adopt and broadly deploy the latest version for bandwidth-intensive and latency-sensitive applications.”
The 10GE switch provides six uplinks and 14 downlinks for individual server blades. It can eliminate the need for aggregation layer switches because of its high bandwidth and rich Layer 2 and Layer 3 feature set. It comes pre-loaded with a default configuration that saves deployment and administration time.
“The new Nortel 10GE switch from BLADE provides the highest levels of connectivity and ensures optimal throughput between each BladeCenter server in a system and to the network core,” said Doug Balog, VP & executive- business line, IBM BladeCenter.
The new Nortel Layer 2/3 10G Ethernet Switch Module (10GbESM) from BLADE can be deployed individually or in pairs within IBM BladeCenter H and HT enclosures. BLADE switch firmware provides rich Layer 2-3 switching, advanced QoS, support for Layer 3 static and dynamic routing protocols, Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)-based high availability, and a choice of command line interfaces. Filter-based security is configurable to allow or deny traffic- based on MAC address, IP address or VLAN ID. A dedicated VLAN for traffic between the BladeCenter Management Module and the BLADE switch segregates management traffic from data traffic. Support for 802.1x ensures dynamic, port-based security and server authentication.
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- AI Interest Among CIOs Is Huge, But Deployment Is Low
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- AI, Machine Learning Are Top CIO Priorities: Experts
- New Zoutons Coupon App Can Slash Grocery Bill By 22%
- Cloud Computing Powering India’s Digital Economy
- Disruptive Technologies Shaking Up The Enterprise
- Affordable Mobile Data Spurs Indian Feature Phone Users