BloombergUTV Concludes The CXO AWARDS 2011
Mr. S Ramadorai presented the opening keynote at BloombergUTV The CXO AWARDS 2011- The Technology Chapter. The awards are aimed at appreciating the efforts of business leaders, who have helped in felicitating change and progress through their technology initiatives. A total of 20 awards were handed out by the Chief Guest Mr. S Ramadorai, Vice-Chairman, Tata Consultancy Services, who commented on the revolution in technology.
He said “It seems surreal to reflect that in my own lifetime computers that occupied an entire room had lesser capability than the mobile in your pockets. Technology has created a radical new age full of sweeping transformations and profound economic, social, political possibilities.”
“Individuals today are as empowered as corporations to take an idea to market, as demonstrated by Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook; it now seems possible for a group of relatively ‘inexperienced’ but incredibly smart people with limited capital to succeed on a large scale,” he added while saying that “It is worth thinking that in 2020, when the average Indian will be only 29 years old, making India a nation with the youngest and large workforce in the world, businesses will need to align to this new customer and understand better this world.“
The winners were chosen by a jury panel consisting of Dr. Ganesh Natarajan, Vice Chairman & CEO, Zensar Technologies; Mr. Keki Mistry, Vice Chairman & CEO, HDFC Ltd.; Mr. S Mahalingam, CFO & ED, TCS; Mr. Ashank Desai, Co-Founder & Advisor, Mastek; Dr. Saurabh Srivastava, Chairman – India, CA Technologies; Mr. Avinash Vashistha, CMD, Accenture; Ms. Kiran Bedi, Social Activist & Former IPS Officer; Mr. Sukumar Ranganathan, Editor, Mint.
The “CEO Of The Year – India” award went to Vineet Nayar of HCL Technologies Ltd. while the “CIO/CTO Of The Year - India” was bagged by Vijay Sethi of Hero Motocorp Ltd.
The event concluded with Mr. S. Ramadorai, Mr. Amar Babu (MD - Lenovo India) and Mr. Vivek Law (Editor – BloombergUTV) launching the ‘IT WHITE BOOK’, a collection of Conversations with CIOs on Emerging Trends.
For a complete list of winners, click here.
- ArisGlobal Moves 1200 VMs, 100TB Of Database Workload To AWS
- How Tech Mahindra Is Transforming Into A Digital Organization
- Brands Losing Customers Due To Failed Personalization Efforts
- Build Vs Buy: Data Centres in India
- Indian Operators To Deliver 5G Services For Sports Organizers
- Lack Of Business Networks Holds Back Women In Tech
- Gender Equality Is An Organizational Imperative: Jaya Jagadish
- Women Leaders Should Challenge The Status Quo: Jaya Jagadish
- Plantronics Appoints Ankur Goel As MD For India & SAARC
- Transforming Customer Experience With Conversational Analytics