Blue Coat to acquire Solera Networks
Enterprise security provider Blue Coat Systems has announced the acquisition of Solera Networks, a big data security intelligence and analytics firm for advanced threat protection.
According to Blue Coat officials, the Solera DeepSee platform will add industry-leading security analytics and forensic capabilities to the Blue Coat product portfolio, delivering an end-to-end security solution that includes protection, remediation and governance and gives enterprises complete visibility into the content and context of advanced targeted attacks. The acquisition is expected to close within the next 30 days.
“Today’s approach to securing the enterprise is missing an essential element – the ability to defend, react and resolve security issues by efficiently mining a very large dataset of network history to gain previously unavailable insights. The future of the industry is moving beyond just blocking malware and stopping targeted attacks to also identifying and resolving the full scope of the attacks in real time,” said Greg Clark, CEO at Blue Coat Systems.
He believes that retrospective capture and analytics are now an essential component of modern security architecture, and Solera has pioneered this field, creating a DVR for the network that records traffic and allows customers to easily mine that information.
The combination of Solera’s real-time intelligence, security visibility and forensic capabilities and Blue Coat’s comprehensive Web-based threat intelligence capabilities offer businesses the tools to proactively block threats and rapidly identify, respond to and recover from a data breach or incident, according to the company statement.
Clark said that both the companies will continue to embrace an open architecture to future proof the customer network.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)