BMC Announces Support for DB2 V9 Mainframe
BMC Software has announced its support for IBM’s DB2 V9 on zSeries, which will provide customers not only the option of leveraging DB2 data management solutions available from any source but also the ability to smoothly migrate from DB2 V8 to subsequent versions.
According to Bill Miller, VP & GM, Mainframe Service Management Business Unit, BMC Software, “Maintaining optimized data is the backbone of business today. We want our customers to know that no matter which version of DB2 they choose to implement, we are committed to meeting their data management needs with the most far reaching and advanced set of data management solutions.”
BMC is participating in IBM’s Early Vendor Program for DB2 V9 on z/OS to get better understanding of its customer’s mainframe needs and deliver better services to them.
The support for DB2 V9 is likely to go down well with customers looking to migrate to new versions, especially the ability to choose BMC’s data management solutions irrespective of the platform.
BMC is also involved in the testing of DB2 V9 in its early release stage and is supporting customer participants in their V9 Early Support Program (ESP) activities, including planned delivery and support during the ESP of specific BMC products for validation in DB2 V9 customer environments.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 15-20)
- Top Fintech Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- 2018: The Year Of Demystifying Unstructured Data
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance