BMC Software to Acquire Numara
The acquisition will accelerate the growth of its SaaS business, says the company.
BMC Software said that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Numara Software, a global provider of integrated IT management solutions for the mid-market.
Based in Tampa, Florida, Numara currently has more than 13,000 customers worldwide for its service and asset management solutions that enable IT organizations to improve service to their end users.
“BMC can now effectively serve the entire spectrum of organizations hungry for IT management with products that truly meet the specific needs of their businesses. Numara’s solutions, customer base and sales and channel partners will round out BMC’s market leadership in Business Service Management and focus on customer care and support,” said Paul Avenant, President of Enterprise Service Management (ESM), BMC.
According to BMC this acquisition will accelerate the growth of its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business, as well as giving customers access to IT management capabilities geared to their unique requirements.
This acquisition aims to create a broad portfolio of IT management solutions and services for mid-sized organizations that typically have 500 to 5,000 employees.
“The combined strengths of BMC and Numara will dramatically reshape the IT management market,” said Dave Hansen, president and CEO, Numara Software. “Mid-sized and small business organizations will benefit from new choices and more importantly, will have more capabilities to manage IT in support of the changing needs of their business.”
The transaction is expected to close during BMC’s fiscal fourth quarter, subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals.
In April last year, BMC had acquired Coradiant, a provider of end-user experience and web application performance monitoring solution.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?