BMW Selects F5 Networks for Application Networking
F5 Networks, Inc., a leading player in application delivery networking has announced that BMW Group, one of the world’s leading automobile and motorcycle manufacturers, has selected F5’s BIG-IP v9 products for providing secure application delivery for Internet and intranet site users in manufacturing plants worldwide, as well as more than 30 sales subsidiaries across the globe.
BMW Group will use F5’s BIG-IP v9 Application Delivery Networking solution that will help to control costs and enhance reliability of network infrastructure across three global data centers. F5 claimed that BIG-IP provides high-availability load balancing, layer 7 switching, granular interactive control, DoS protection, resource pooling and features that protect an enterprise’s Internet presence.
BMW Group plans to migrate all Web-based applications to BIG-IP v9, thereby keeping them secure, fast and available 24/ 7. According to BMW, the solution provides organizations with scalable SSL encryption/ decryption needed to offload servers, while keeping sessions they secure. Furthermore, F5 equipment enables enterprises to maintain ’sticky’ connections without having to add persistence logic to applications, which eventually reduces provisioning costs for SSL security across the entire network worldwide.
“Quality is the foundation of a premium brand like BMW, and we’re proud that F5 solutions meet the company’s exacting standards,” said Erik Giesa, VP, Product Management and Marketing, F5 Networks.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend