BPCL Completes Large Scale ERP Rollout
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has executed one of the largest and most ambitious SAP ERP rollouts in India covering more than 400 locations.
Speaking to CXOtoday, Narayanan KB, GM (ERP competence center) at BPCL said that they needed IT solutions to fulfill new market demands and business strategy and to stay competitive.
A full-fledged IT network infrastructure with integrated solution facilitates the corporation with information management and reduced downtime. We were looking for common platform that needs a lot of analysis and IS planning. The current IT infrastructure does not meet the future expectation, and that s why we have chosen SAP ERP. BPCL have restructured all our six verticals that include retail, LPG and lubricants, Narayanan said.
We have implemented it across more than 400 locations to facilitate operations and tactical and strategic reporting. Each role needs analysis and standard dashboards, including budgeting, sales and growth. Our approach to facilitate sales managers is a big hit, said Narayanan. Although he informs that they had consolidated transactional layer in 2004. Our BI journey started in 2002. But we need to re-look and reconstituted a new BI team in 2007, he added.
With SAP, we are optimizing the operational efficiency, and we will continue to focus on BI in next two years. As the number of users is growing up that effects the performance but I think that BI is the real accelerator to speed up processes. In addition, the user experience is important for us, said Narayanan. SCM and governance is a big thrust area, and it needs good analytics. We are optimistic to expand IT processes and cover risk and compliance.
Bharat Petroleum Implements Oracle DBA Platform
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative