Broadcom Intros Enterprise WLAN Solution
The 802.11n access point (AP) market is expected to reach 14 million units by 2014, up from less than a million units in 2008, which translates to a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 105 percent- said ABI Research report. However, this growth is partially attributed to the mobility that the 802.11n standard provides in the enterprise sector.
To tap the growing market, Broadcom Corporation that offers semiconductors for wired and wireless communications has launched the end-to-end unified silicon and software solution for 802.11n enterprise wireless networks. The company delivers a new approach that unifies an enterprise’s wired and wireless infrastructure and enables an enterprise Wi-Fi network to provide the scalability and automated network management that will drive the adoption of 802.11n in the enterprise.
"While 802.11n improves Wi-Fi performance and expands wireless connectivity into new applications, it requires new unified network architecture to avoid inefficiencies and traffic bottlenecks," said Martin Lund, vice president & general manager of Broadcom’s Networking Switching Business Unit.
The unified, end-to-end WLAN platform is managed by Broadcom’s FASTPATH Unified Wireless Switching (UWS) and Unified Access Point (UAP) networking software. The latest version, FASTPATH 6.0, incorporates wireless virtualization software that enables centralized management for unified edge switching, rather than controller-based switching.
Not only are we the first to develop the silicon building blocks necessary for a unified network architecture, we are also the only vendor with software specifically designed to support it. With a unified wireless network, all of the performance, scalability and expense benefits of the traditional wired network are now available to support wireless traffic," said Lund.
Dell, HP Select Broadcom’s TruManage Tech
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon