Broadcom Launches 65nm Scalable IP Processors
Broadcom recently announced a scalable Internet Protocol (IP) communications design platform featuring 65 nanometer IP communications processors.
The new Broadcom Persona design platform, Broadcom claims, enables a full range of high-performance, low-power, low-cost products for next generation IP phones and multimedia terminals.
As enterprises transit from digital infrastructure to IP-based communications, phone manufacturers are faced with the challenge to design IP phones with features similar to today’s smartphones, but at a lower cost.
"Next generation IP phones are positioned to become the central communications portal of both the office and home, enabling users with advanced applications to take advantage of multimedia features, streaming video and touchscreen interfaces," said Martyn Humphries, VP & GM for Broadcom’s VoIP line of business.
IP Phone manufacturers are challenged to deliver distinct feature sets with user interfaces and advanced applications, and the new IP communications processors by Broadcom will enable them ( IP phones ) with full range of multimedia at low power and low cost, said a company release.
- 5G To Pave Way For Self-driving Cars' Safety: Gartner
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- How Keysight Is Helping Customers Boost Design Innovation
- We See New Opportunities In India's Enterprise Market: Zendesk CEO
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy