Broadcom Launches 65nm Scalable IP Processors
Broadcom recently announced a scalable Internet Protocol (IP) communications design platform featuring 65 nanometer IP communications processors.
The new Broadcom Persona design platform, Broadcom claims, enables a full range of high-performance, low-power, low-cost products for next generation IP phones and multimedia terminals.
As enterprises transit from digital infrastructure to IP-based communications, phone manufacturers are faced with the challenge to design IP phones with features similar to today’s smartphones, but at a lower cost.
"Next generation IP phones are positioned to become the central communications portal of both the office and home, enabling users with advanced applications to take advantage of multimedia features, streaming video and touchscreen interfaces," said Martyn Humphries, VP & GM for Broadcom’s VoIP line of business.
IP Phone manufacturers are challenged to deliver distinct feature sets with user interfaces and advanced applications, and the new IP communications processors by Broadcom will enable them ( IP phones ) with full range of multimedia at low power and low cost, said a company release.
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- Alibaba Sees India As Significant Market In Its Global Strategy
- Facebook’s Messenger 2.2 To Woo The Enterprise
- Three Major Digital Transformation Challenges
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network