Broadcom Launches 65nm Scalable IP Processors
Broadcom recently announced a scalable Internet Protocol (IP) communications design platform featuring 65 nanometer IP communications processors.
The new Broadcom Persona design platform, Broadcom claims, enables a full range of high-performance, low-power, low-cost products for next generation IP phones and multimedia terminals.
As enterprises transit from digital infrastructure to IP-based communications, phone manufacturers are faced with the challenge to design IP phones with features similar to today’s smartphones, but at a lower cost.
"Next generation IP phones are positioned to become the central communications portal of both the office and home, enabling users with advanced applications to take advantage of multimedia features, streaming video and touchscreen interfaces," said Martyn Humphries, VP & GM for Broadcom’s VoIP line of business.
IP Phone manufacturers are challenged to deliver distinct feature sets with user interfaces and advanced applications, and the new IP communications processors by Broadcom will enable them ( IP phones ) with full range of multimedia at low power and low cost, said a company release.
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- Smart Cars Can Be The Next Big Thing For Indian IT Firms, Says Study
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- IBM Brings Salesforce Partner Bluewolf To India
- Why IT Pros Must Learn New Era Tech To Stay Relevant
- Wipro Teams Up With Cisco To Unveil Internet of Lighting Solutions
- Google’s India Initiative Speak Volumes About India's Booming Internet Base
- Cloud Computing Powering India’s Digital Economy
- Google India Rolls Out Campaign To Protect Data, Devices