Brother deploys VPN to streamline operations
Brother Industries, a global provider of communications and printing equipment, recently deployed AT&T’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution and other advanced communications technologies to increase its operational efficiencies and streamline communication processes.
This initiative is in line with Brother’s global communication expansion plans. The deployment was carried out in two stages. In the first phase, AT&T connected 42 Brother sites in North America and Europe to its global VPN. In the second phase, AT&T extended this connectivity to six sites across the Asia-Pacific region.
“Being a customer-centric company we constantly try to create and deliver high-quality products and services to our customers. From that perspective, a centralised and global communications platform will help us focus better on our global business strategies,” said Tomoyuki Hasegawa, Managing Executive Officer of Brother Industries.
AT&T was the right vendor of choice for Brother because the company was looking for a single provider that can deliver a complete communications infrastructure solution to support its extensive global operations. Scalability was of prime focus as there was a need to accommodate plans to expand sales in Asia and the rest of the world. The ability to handle large volumes of data both very fast and very frequently was also critical.
Moreover, Brother was already familiar with its quality of AT&T’s service as the company previously helped Brother manage its networking communications in the US to support critical business applications.
The AT&T’s VPN services are expected to standardise the functions, specifications and operation of its network infrastructure. It will facilitate easier routing across the network and help reduce the costs simplify the complex operational and management processes.
- How AR-VR Is Changing The World Of Advertising
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- New Regulations, Advanced Tech Haunt C-Suite: Report
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity