Brother unveils new printers, no focus on MPS
In a move to further expand its penetration in Indian market Brother International announced addition of 3 new Mono Laser products to its existing wide portfolio of Mono Laser, Colour and Inkjet multifunction centers and printers. With this initiative, the company aims to achieve over 15% market share in the Mono Laser category by 2015.
Speaking on the occasion, Atsushi Iwamoto, GM, Brother Industries, Ltd., said “It is an exciting time for Brother in the APAC region as we continue to remain motivated and pursue the growth opportunities available here.”
At a time when bigger players in the printer market like Epson and Canon focusing on Managed Printing Services (MPS), Brother seems to focus on the hardware. CXOtoday asked Yoshiji Matsui, MD, Brother International India, if not entering the MPS would hamper Brother’s Indian growth plans. His reply, “Companies who are pushing MPS are usually targeting large volume printing and that too on the corporate segment. At Brother we are only focusing on the SOHO and SMB segment and only on low volume printing in the corporate sector. So focusing on MPS is not the right strategy for us.”
Brother views this to be a very significant launch for it in India, it expects to boost its market share with compact products coupled with low-cost toner. Additionally, the company expects a significant demand for mono laser category in Indian market and aims to double its business in this category this year.
- Alok Bharadwaj launches CreoVate Transformations and Consulting
- How Canon Is Simplifying GST For customers, Partners
- Demonetization Spurs India’s Cheque Scanner Market
- HP Inc’s Q3 Revenue Dips 4% Amid Sluggish Printer Sales
- HP, Canon, Epson Leaders In Declining HCP Market
- HP Profit Misses Street On Weak PC, Printer Sales
- 3D Printers Shipment To Grow 103% In 2016
- Epson Acquires K-Sun; On An Expansion Spree
- 3D Printing Will See Dramatic Rise From 2015: Gartner
- Can HP Spin-Off Change Meg Whitman's Fortune?