BSA Appoints New Country Manager In India
BSA, The Software Alliance today announced the appointment of Venkatesh Krishnamoorthy as its Country Manager, India. Based in New Delhi, Krishnamoorthy will lead all BSA activity in India with initiatives aimed at furthering BSA’s policy priorities relating to software, managing software licensing compliance programs, and related enforcement strategies.
As Country Manager for India, Krishnamoorthy will work closely with BSA members to invest in areas that promote the continued progress of technology innovation so that India can capitalize on the opportunities of both today and tomorrow.
“India is experiencing rapid growth in the arena of software and is a centre of interest for our member companies who are excited about the potential Digital India offers. Venkatesh, with his rich technology, policy, and regulatory experience, will help support BSA in enabling an environment for software to thrive in India and also aid companies of all sizes to benefit from new ways of boosting productivity.” noted Jared Ragland, Senior Director, Policy — APAC.
Before assuming his role at BSA, Krishnamoorthy was an Associate Director at APCO Worldwide in New Delhi. He brings specialist public policy and government relations experience, having worked closely with leading technology and industry associations to represent their policy positions to relevant government agencies. He has worked with clients in sectors like technology, manufacturing and consumer products in corporate strategy, public affairs and corporate advisory. He has also worked with leading technology and industry associations to represent regulatory and policy to governments.
Krishnamoorthy, a graduate of the National Institute of Technology and is an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore where he received his degree in public policy, mentioned in his LinkedIn page: “Armed with an analytical bent of mind and specialized in Public Policy studies, I seek opportunities that present a need for creativity and persistence.”
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China