BSA launches SAM program for Karnataka PSUs
Business Software Alliance (BSA) in partnership with the Center of E-Governance, Government of Karnataka has launched the "Relevance of Software Asset Management (SAM) for Public Sector Undertakings" program. This program aims to take the ISO Standard of SAM and its benefits to the State-run PSUs in Karnataka. With the program BSA aims to introduce the principles of SAM, its salient features and its core business benefits to PSUs as part of its education/awareness initiatives with the support and endorsement of the Center of E-Governance, Government of Karnataka.
On the occasion M.N. Vidyashankar, Principal Secretary, Department of e-Governance, Government of Karnataka said "Adoption of sound IT Governance policies and optimal management and deployment of software assets are critical steps for the security, productivity and profitability of Karnataka’s Public sector enterprises. We encourage all PSUs in the state to come forth and participate in this program and be recognized as a leading organization in cost efficiency, security, compliance and productivity."
SAM enables companies and organizations to efficiently and effectively manage and track their software licenses as valuable company assets throughout its life cycle of procurement, deployment, usage, maintenance and retirement following and adopting very high standards of IT Governance and implementing robust IT Policies, enabling cost savings, risk management and operational efficiencies.
Commenting on the launch of the campaign Keshav S. Dhakad, Chair of the BSA India Committee said, "BSA is privileged to partner with the Center of E-Governance to facilitate the awareness and training of SAM through this program to these organizations and we are confident that program will add to the overall IT Competitiveness of the State."
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- CIO's Five-Point RPA Planning Success Formula
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- Ness Appoints Vinay Rajadhyaksha To Drive Digital Business
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Importance of Availability During holiday Season
- Digital Transformation Lessons For Supply Chain Leaders
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks