BSNL, National Fertilizers to Launch Rural Project
State-run telecom company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has partnered with fertilizer giant National Fertilizers Ltd to offer mobile and broadband services to rural consumers, using the wide network base of NFL distributors.
Under the alliance, BSNL will launch a pilot project for selling BSNL mobile products in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, where NFL enjoys a substantial market share of its products, BSNL said in a statement.
"With our new strategic alliance with NFL, we reinforce and further strengthen our commitment to bridge the rural-urban digital divide and meeting the information needs of the rural consumer," Kuldeep Goyal, chairman and managing director of BSNL said in a statement.
BSNL shall start selling paper and electronic recharge vouchers, which will be followed by SIMs and GSM data cards through the distribution network of NFL dealers, it added.
Facilities like free SMS or voicemail up to five times daily on mandi prices, soil testing, farming techniques, dairy, weather forecasts and rural health in the local language of the region would also be introduced in the next few months through this tie-up.
BSNL would design and conduct training for NFL dealers and retailers at the six locations — Raipur and Bilaspur in Chhattisgarh and Bhopal, Jabalpur, Indore, Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh.
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation