BSNL, National Fertilizers to Launch Rural Project
State-run telecom company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has partnered with fertilizer giant National Fertilizers Ltd to offer mobile and broadband services to rural consumers, using the wide network base of NFL distributors.
Under the alliance, BSNL will launch a pilot project for selling BSNL mobile products in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, where NFL enjoys a substantial market share of its products, BSNL said in a statement.
"With our new strategic alliance with NFL, we reinforce and further strengthen our commitment to bridge the rural-urban digital divide and meeting the information needs of the rural consumer," Kuldeep Goyal, chairman and managing director of BSNL said in a statement.
BSNL shall start selling paper and electronic recharge vouchers, which will be followed by SIMs and GSM data cards through the distribution network of NFL dealers, it added.
Facilities like free SMS or voicemail up to five times daily on mandi prices, soil testing, farming techniques, dairy, weather forecasts and rural health in the local language of the region would also be introduced in the next few months through this tie-up.
BSNL would design and conduct training for NFL dealers and retailers at the six locations — Raipur and Bilaspur in Chhattisgarh and Bhopal, Jabalpur, Indore, Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Rolls Royce Partners TCS To Bolster Digital Capabilities
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT