BSNL, National Fertilizers to Launch Rural Project
State-run telecom company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has partnered with fertilizer giant National Fertilizers Ltd to offer mobile and broadband services to rural consumers, using the wide network base of NFL distributors.
Under the alliance, BSNL will launch a pilot project for selling BSNL mobile products in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, where NFL enjoys a substantial market share of its products, BSNL said in a statement.
"With our new strategic alliance with NFL, we reinforce and further strengthen our commitment to bridge the rural-urban digital divide and meeting the information needs of the rural consumer," Kuldeep Goyal, chairman and managing director of BSNL said in a statement.
BSNL shall start selling paper and electronic recharge vouchers, which will be followed by SIMs and GSM data cards through the distribution network of NFL dealers, it added.
Facilities like free SMS or voicemail up to five times daily on mandi prices, soil testing, farming techniques, dairy, weather forecasts and rural health in the local language of the region would also be introduced in the next few months through this tie-up.
BSNL would design and conduct training for NFL dealers and retailers at the six locations — Raipur and Bilaspur in Chhattisgarh and Bhopal, Jabalpur, Indore, Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh.
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- RJio To Connect 1100 Cities; Set For Next Level Of Disruption
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Indians Lack Awareness Of Malicious Cryptomining: Study
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner