BSNL takes PPP route to deliver enterprise cloud services
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), one of India’s leading telecommunication services provider and Dimension Data, the global ICT solutions and services provider, today jointly announced the launch of their Enterprise Cloud Services in India. At the launch, Union minister for Communicaitons and IT, Kapil Sibal, witnessed the signing-on of 15 user enterprises across financial services, IT / ITeS, education and government sectors.
Based on Dimension Data’s Managed Cloud Platform (MCP), BSNL forays into the Enterprise Cloud services space via its Internet Data Centres (IDCs). Based on a standardised architecture, the MCP offers enterprises the advantage of being able to support public, private and hybrid cloud models. All MCPs are enterprise-ready, offering multiple layers of security, administrative controls, highest availability SLAs, 24/7 phone support and integrated management capabilities.
“With the Centre and as state governments strategically investing in strengthening their E-Governance initiatives to benefit citizens, this public-private partnership to offer cloud services is another step towards realising the larger goal of bridging the gap between citizens and the government,” said Kapil Sibal, Union Minister of Communications and IT.
“The IDC and Cloud Services have not only enabled us to build and add new strategic capabilities to our portfolio, but also, it has benefited our clients who can leverage our flexible sourcing options or simply host their entire IT assets within our secure environment and with expert care,” said R K Upadhyay, Chairman & Managing Director, BSNL.
- Keep Security At The Heart Of Digital Strategy: Unisys
- CIOs Can Majorly Gain From Edge Data Centers
- How Enterprises Can Start Building Their AI-ML Capabilities
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Which AI Is Best For Customer Engagement, Revenue Generation
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- QYOU Chalks Out India Expansion Plans
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- Poor Visibility, Greatest Challenge To Cloud Adoption