BSNL to Expand Mobile Network in Western India
In a bid to expand its mobile network in Western India, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is installing two million GSM lines.
The initiative will enable operators provide widely available mobile communications services and contribute toward enhancing people’s economic wealth and improving lifestyles.
ITI - the telecom equipment manufacturing company along with Alcatel Lucent will carry out the work. An announcement to the effect was made today.
Alcatel Lucent would use its GSM/EDGE technology for the multi million euro project.
While replies to queries on the technology aspect and the contract value were not forthcoming from the respective companies, a PR enabled press release quoted ITI CMD Pritam Singh, “The expansion of the GSM network, particularly in rural areas, will improve the lives of millions in India. ITI has been the leading face of GSM/EDGE base station manufacturing in India and with Alcatel-Lucent is building the most sophisticated GSM/EDGE mobile network in India, the fastest growing mobile market in the world”.
The release also quoted Olivier Picard, President of Alcatel-Lucent’s Europe and South activities, “Alcatel-Lucent is committed to bringing to India advanced communications technology and expertise that will contribute to its economic growth.”
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend