BSNL to Expand Mobile Network in Western India
In a bid to expand its mobile network in Western India, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is installing two million GSM lines.
The initiative will enable operators provide widely available mobile communications services and contribute toward enhancing people’s economic wealth and improving lifestyles.
ITI - the telecom equipment manufacturing company along with Alcatel Lucent will carry out the work. An announcement to the effect was made today.
Alcatel Lucent would use its GSM/EDGE technology for the multi million euro project.
While replies to queries on the technology aspect and the contract value were not forthcoming from the respective companies, a PR enabled press release quoted ITI CMD Pritam Singh, “The expansion of the GSM network, particularly in rural areas, will improve the lives of millions in India. ITI has been the leading face of GSM/EDGE base station manufacturing in India and with Alcatel-Lucent is building the most sophisticated GSM/EDGE mobile network in India, the fastest growing mobile market in the world”.
The release also quoted Olivier Picard, President of Alcatel-Lucent’s Europe and South activities, “Alcatel-Lucent is committed to bringing to India advanced communications technology and expertise that will contribute to its economic growth.”
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- 7 Mobile CRM Features Businesses Find Attractive