BSNL to Expand Mobile Network in Western India
In a bid to expand its mobile network in Western India, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is installing two million GSM lines.
The initiative will enable operators provide widely available mobile communications services and contribute toward enhancing people’s economic wealth and improving lifestyles.
ITI - the telecom equipment manufacturing company along with Alcatel Lucent will carry out the work. An announcement to the effect was made today.
Alcatel Lucent would use its GSM/EDGE technology for the multi million euro project.
While replies to queries on the technology aspect and the contract value were not forthcoming from the respective companies, a PR enabled press release quoted ITI CMD Pritam Singh, “The expansion of the GSM network, particularly in rural areas, will improve the lives of millions in India. ITI has been the leading face of GSM/EDGE base station manufacturing in India and with Alcatel-Lucent is building the most sophisticated GSM/EDGE mobile network in India, the fastest growing mobile market in the world”.
The release also quoted Olivier Picard, President of Alcatel-Lucent’s Europe and South activities, “Alcatel-Lucent is committed to bringing to India advanced communications technology and expertise that will contribute to its economic growth.”
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report