BT, Cisco Launch Cloud-based IPT Solution
BT and Cisco have teamed up to launch a business-grade hosted IP telephony service that allows businesses to bring converged voice, mobile and data services to every desktop in the organisation
BT is engaging closely with Cisco Services to build the underlying virtualised infrastructure for service delivery. The hosted IP telephony service will be the world’s first global offering based on Cisco Hosted UC services as the platform for collaborative voice communications.
Available now in the UK, the hosted IPT service from BT will also be available to businesses in the United States and EMEA in 2010 followed by Asia Pacific. Businesses will be able to benefit from having all their UC needs hosted over BT’s next generation 21CN global platform and secure data centers.
Chris Dedicoat, president of Cisco Europe, said, "Cisco and BT are deepening our established collaboration today to introduce a truly transformational unified communications solution delivered through the cloud at a compelling price point. We believe this new hosted offering will help accelerate our combined ability to bring the benefits of unified communications to more customers globally."
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- Five Big Data Trends To Influence AI In 2018