BT, Cisco Launch Cloud-based IPT Solution
BT and Cisco have teamed up to launch a business-grade hosted IP telephony service that allows businesses to bring converged voice, mobile and data services to every desktop in the organisation
BT is engaging closely with Cisco Services to build the underlying virtualised infrastructure for service delivery. The hosted IP telephony service will be the world’s first global offering based on Cisco Hosted UC services as the platform for collaborative voice communications.
Available now in the UK, the hosted IPT service from BT will also be available to businesses in the United States and EMEA in 2010 followed by Asia Pacific. Businesses will be able to benefit from having all their UC needs hosted over BT’s next generation 21CN global platform and secure data centers.
Chris Dedicoat, president of Cisco Europe, said, "Cisco and BT are deepening our established collaboration today to introduce a truly transformational unified communications solution delivered through the cloud at a compelling price point. We believe this new hosted offering will help accelerate our combined ability to bring the benefits of unified communications to more customers globally."
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- Why Big Enterprises Are Leaving Cloud For Other Tools
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- Why AWS Is A Growth Engine For Indian Businesses