Budget Expectations - Ashish Kashyap, ibibo
Ashish Kashyap, CEO, ibibo, shares his expectations from the Union Budget 2011 with with CXOtoday.com.
“The digital industry is an exemplary sector of emerging technologies cultivating the growth path in the country’s economy as well. With the upcoming Union Budget, we have two recommendations that will give a boost to the digital economy. Firstly, tax sops on e-commerce transactions will help in simplifying investments and increasing the penetration of such transactions among users thus put India at the center of the evolving Internet and e-commerce revolution. We believe that the growth of e-commerce is clearly linked with GDP growth of a country as the sector created tens of thousands of jobs every year. Our second suggestion is, to include service tax exemption on online advertising especially for small and medium enterprises, which will positively impact the growth of the sector and put it on a high growth trajectory.”
- Cost, Complexity Continue To Hinder IT Automation: Study
- Huawei Aims To Double Smartphone Sales In India: Report
- Leased Office Space Is The New Norm In Indian IT
- Budget For Education Sector: Solving The Digital Puzzles
- Budget 2017: Digital Push Will Drive Cloud Growth
- Why India Needs Separate CERT For Different Industries?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 30-Feb 03)
- Union Budget 2017: It's Digital All The Way
- Budget 2017: What Tech Leaders Are Saying
- Union Budget 2017: Here's How Analysts React