Budget Expectations - Kamesh Ramamoorthy, Ramco Systems
Kamesh Ramamoorthy, COO, Ramco Systems, shares his expectations from the Union Budget 2011 with CXOtoday.com
• Single tax code that will ensure common tax structure for software and commodities will help in substantial savings. This will simplify the tax structure and make it easy to interpret for all
• SOPs for indigenous product companies that are investing in R&D in India and creating assets to service the global market. This could be in the form of
1 ) listing them as preferred vendors for Government and public sector projects subject to them matching the required technical and product expertise criteria.
2) Investment allowance for certified indigenous product companies which will boost local companies to do R&D.
• Strong focus on promoting Small and Medium Enterprises as they are the torch bearers of the future economy. Initiatives such as
1) Bringing back the special subsidies given to SMEs for investments in IT will help in faster adoption of IT among the SMEs.
2) Easy loans, and better interest rates
• Setting up of finishing schools in collaboration with the Industry to ensure the talent is industry ready.
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Flash Is Redefining The Way We Travel
- Transforming Business With Cloud Migration
- 3 Artificial Intelligence Companies To Watch Out For
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Farms of the Future
- Cost, Complexity Continue To Hinder IT Automation: Study