Budget Expectations - M.P. Vijay Kumar, Sify Technologies
M.P. Vijay Kumar, CFO, Sify Technologies, shares his expectations from the Union Budget 2011 with CXOtoday.com
“I hope there will be an enhanced focus on e-governance initiatives through higher fund allocation and acceleration of deployment efforts. Through the budget, the Government should reiterate its commitment to DTC, GST and Companies bill. With reference to the Broadband industry, the Government should remove service tax on consumer broadband for the next 5 years. This will significantly increase the penetration of household broadband connections and this in turn positively impact the economic growth of the country.
Of course the issues of transparency, corruption and inflation are overarching. Controlling food prices should be a priority; the Government should increase its focus on agriculture by granting incentives to encourage cost effective production and higher acreage of agricultural land.”
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?