Budget Reactions - Naresh Wadhwa, President and Country Manager – Cisco - India and SAARC
Naresh Wadhwa, President and Country Manager – Cisco - India and SAARC shares his post Budget reactions with CXOtoday.com
The budget this year provides a number of measures to promote inclusive growth, which in my opinion is crucial to sustain India’s development ambitions. The emphasis on rural development, both through banking and telephony initiatives, is very welcome.
I’m particularly thrilled about the allocation announced for rural telephony as this will surely give a fillip to boosting connectivity for villages.
The budget also has a number of initiatives to take banking to the masses. Among them, the move to set up banks in villages of more than 2000 people, the bill to allow RBI to grant more banking licenses and additional support to NABARD are particularly noteworthy.
On the downside, we would have liked to see infrastructure status being given to rural healthcare initiatives as well, as they play a key role in promoting inclusive growth.
On the overall industry front, there are a few initiatives such as treaties to avoid double taxation and reduction in corporate surcharge which will help in promoting growth.
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Farms of the Future
- Cost, Complexity Continue To Hinder IT Automation: Study
- Cloud Computing Can Protect Firms Against Cyber Threats: Experts
- Using Inventory Management To Minimize Food Wastage
- Dell Veteran Sameer Garde Joins Cisco As President
- The Speedy Journey To A Mobile Enterprise
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Evolving Cyber Threats, Be Responsive To Defend