Budget Reactions – Sunil Mehta, AIG India
Sunil Mehta, Country Head & Chief Executive, AIG India, shares his post Union Budget 2011 reactions with CXOtoday.com.
“The Budget, as expected, continues to remain focused on growth. However, the delivery mechanism and the Government’s ability to bridge the gap between revenue and expenditure needs to be understood. Implementation, along with effective execution of projects and initiatives announced, is most critical. To meet the projected growth of 9%, there has to be a time-bound rollout with metrics to measure actual accomplishments. The Government continues to face challenges on its earlier stated policy changes on DTC, GST which it must overcome.
It is encouraging to note FM’s efforts to arrest inflation. His desire to have structures in place to improve agricultural productivity and distribution supply chain is noteworthy. While the Budget speech covered several aspects relating to governance, we hope that the various building blocks are put in place to allow seamless growth.”
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- 5 Things To Expect If Bitcoins Are Legalized In India
- What’s Up With Mid-level IT leaders?
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Leveraging Digital Technologies For Manufacturing