Budget Reactions – Sunil Mehta, AIG India
Sunil Mehta, Country Head & Chief Executive, AIG India, shares his post Union Budget 2011 reactions with CXOtoday.com.
“The Budget, as expected, continues to remain focused on growth. However, the delivery mechanism and the Government’s ability to bridge the gap between revenue and expenditure needs to be understood. Implementation, along with effective execution of projects and initiatives announced, is most critical. To meet the projected growth of 9%, there has to be a time-bound rollout with metrics to measure actual accomplishments. The Government continues to face challenges on its earlier stated policy changes on DTC, GST which it must overcome.
It is encouraging to note FM’s efforts to arrest inflation. His desire to have structures in place to improve agricultural productivity and distribution supply chain is noteworthy. While the Budget speech covered several aspects relating to governance, we hope that the various building blocks are put in place to allow seamless growth.”
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market