Budget Reactions – Sunil Mehta, AIG India
Sunil Mehta, Country Head & Chief Executive, AIG India, shares his post Union Budget 2011 reactions with CXOtoday.com.
“The Budget, as expected, continues to remain focused on growth. However, the delivery mechanism and the Government’s ability to bridge the gap between revenue and expenditure needs to be understood. Implementation, along with effective execution of projects and initiatives announced, is most critical. To meet the projected growth of 9%, there has to be a time-bound rollout with metrics to measure actual accomplishments. The Government continues to face challenges on its earlier stated policy changes on DTC, GST which it must overcome.
It is encouraging to note FM’s efforts to arrest inflation. His desire to have structures in place to improve agricultural productivity and distribution supply chain is noteworthy. While the Budget speech covered several aspects relating to governance, we hope that the various building blocks are put in place to allow seamless growth.”
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China