Budget Reactions – Sunil Mehta, AIG India
Sunil Mehta, Country Head & Chief Executive, AIG India, shares his post Union Budget 2011 reactions with CXOtoday.com.
“The Budget, as expected, continues to remain focused on growth. However, the delivery mechanism and the Government’s ability to bridge the gap between revenue and expenditure needs to be understood. Implementation, along with effective execution of projects and initiatives announced, is most critical. To meet the projected growth of 9%, there has to be a time-bound rollout with metrics to measure actual accomplishments. The Government continues to face challenges on its earlier stated policy changes on DTC, GST which it must overcome.
It is encouraging to note FM’s efforts to arrest inflation. His desire to have structures in place to improve agricultural productivity and distribution supply chain is noteworthy. While the Budget speech covered several aspects relating to governance, we hope that the various building blocks are put in place to allow seamless growth.”
- AI Is Making BI Smarter
- Microsoft, DSCI Team Up To Fill The Women In Cybersecurity Gap
- How Make in India Can Lead The World With Disruptive Innovation
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Twitter's India Country Director Taranjeet Singh Steps Down