Budget Reactions – Sunil Mehta, AIG India
Sunil Mehta, Country Head & Chief Executive, AIG India, shares his post Union Budget 2011 reactions with CXOtoday.com.
“The Budget, as expected, continues to remain focused on growth. However, the delivery mechanism and the Government’s ability to bridge the gap between revenue and expenditure needs to be understood. Implementation, along with effective execution of projects and initiatives announced, is most critical. To meet the projected growth of 9%, there has to be a time-bound rollout with metrics to measure actual accomplishments. The Government continues to face challenges on its earlier stated policy changes on DTC, GST which it must overcome.
It is encouraging to note FM’s efforts to arrest inflation. His desire to have structures in place to improve agricultural productivity and distribution supply chain is noteworthy. While the Budget speech covered several aspects relating to governance, we hope that the various building blocks are put in place to allow seamless growth.”
- CIO Klub Plans Regional, Global Expansion: Umesh Mehta
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- India Ranks 7th On Web Application Attacks: Akamai
- India's Top 10 Innovative Companies For 2018
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- India’s Digital Payments Will Touch USD 1-Tn By 2022: Report
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG