Budget'09 Gets Infy Thumbs Up
Infosys head honchos - Kris Gopalkrishnan and Narayan Murthy, said the government’s focus on education and projects like the UID were to be commended, though they would have liked to see a mention on PSU divestment.
Kris Gopalkrishnan, CEO of Infosys said, "Institutions such as IITs and NIITs will help the IT industry grow with continuous supply of talent. Allotting Rs. 120 crore for the unique ID project, which Nandan is driving, is a start in a positive direction. The job portal will help create jobs for the unemployed and helps small it industries to grow. Instead of giving a one year extension on an year on year basis to STPI/SEZ tax scheme, it should be extended for three to five years."
Narayana Murthy, chief mentor of Infosys, said subsidies should reach the right people. "We need a commission set to supervise the disbursal of these subsidies. These are difficult times, still the government has done a great job. It has met both political and economic objectives though a no mention on PSU divestment was disappointing," he said.
CTT Abolished, but MAT is Up
Project Gets Rs. 120 Crore
is Beneficial for the IT Industry
Recognizes IT-BPO Industry’s Role: Nasscom
Spending to Decline by 10.6%: Forrester
- Infosys CFO MD Ranganath Steps Down
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Vishal Sikka's AI Venture To Boost Human Creativity: Report
- Infosys CEO Sets A 3-year Transformation Strategy
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years
- Cost, Complexity Continue To Hinder IT Automation: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 21-25)
- Can Nandan Nilekani Bring Infosys Back On Track?