Bupa Outsources Core Business Apps Support
Founded in 1947, Bupa is an international health and care group, providing a broad range of services including private medical insurance, care homes for older people and young disabled, health assessments, workplace health and childcare services. It caters to over 10 million customers around the world, with group revenues of ” 4.24 billion in 2007.
As part of its multi-vendor outsourcing strategy, Bupa employs a small number of third party contractors for its technical needs. Recently, it has signed a three-year contract with Patni Computer Systems. Patni will provide managed service for Bupa s core business applications. The Patni team will include 40 technical specialists based in the UK and India and the contract is a three-year agreement.
The new contract with Patni forms part of a worldwide initiative by Bupa to drive change within its IT function. This initiative has three main aims — to improve levels of service to the business, to support quality software developments, and to promote global re-use of applications and processes.
David Guest, chief applications officer of Bupa said, The group s ambition is driving change in IT. We are a large company and our staff and customers expect professional levels of service, while growth in business volumes will continue to put increasing pressure on services and drive additional requirements. Our software is becoming ever more critical to the business, and they expect it to be delivered on time and work the first time. Our range of services, geographies and IT assets is also increasing, so simplification and re-use are both important. Offshoring is an obvious part of the jigsaw.
He further said, Our approach is always to ensure that day-to-day activities are taken care of, and that we re keeping the lights on . The second step is to provide added value to the business, and the third to introduce strategic services in line with the overall direction that the business is taking.
Managing Healthcare, the e-Way
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO
- Industrial IoT Startups Generate Renewed Growth: Study
- 7 File Transfer Challenges of Healthcare IT Teams
- 5 Ways AI Can Live Up To Its Promise In 2018
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- How To Prepare For Internet of Medical Things Threats
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- 203 Mn Records Breached In India In H1 2017: Gemalto