BYOD strategy should go beyond device security
Previously in BYOD can boost migration to cloud office systems, save costs we had mentioned how the proliferation of mobile devices and cloud computing technology in the workplace has heightened enterprise reliance on web applications, especially cloud office systems, to drive business processes.
However, along with the benefits it is imperative that organizations understand the vulnerability of web applications to sophisticated cyber attacks. So that they secure their web infrastructure, avoid website downtime issues and, thereby, reduce costs and ensure business continuity.
It is therefore necessary organizations turn to web application firewall (WAF) solutions for security. Currently, standalone WAF dominates the market, the integration of WAF with other platforms will become popular as well.
While regulations have contributed to the adoption of the WAF, it has also given rise to the perception that WAF is merely an obligation for compliance and not a necessary tool to protect web applications against attacks. As a result, several companies prefer WAF technology as a minor feature rather than a dedicated application.
The impression among organizations that WAF solutions are technically inadequate to protect from cyber attacks, along with the complexity involved in the management of WAF, has slowed down uptake too. Insufficient budgets hinder sales in less mature markets such as India. Therefore, educating businesses on the role of WAF in mitigating attacks is crucial for market expansion.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation