C-DAC launches cloud-based telemedicine tool
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) India has launched a tool called Mercury Nimbus Suite, to offer tele-medicine services using cloud computing. This suite developed by the Medical Informatics Group (MIG) of C-DAC, Pune, is available for use over Windows Azure Cloud Service and is built to be made available over other public cloud services in future.
This is the first time in India that such a service is being made available, the company said in a statement. It will enable tele-consultation and maintenance of electronic health records of patients over an indefinite period of time.
It has been designed to cater to private healthcare industry as IT infrastructure can be cost prohibitive for small clinics as well as big hospitals. With this format, private players can look at offering services across geographies and expand their reach without having to invest in infrastructure.
This service can be used by as few as two doctors and is scaleable upto multiple hospitals. Also, any patient who requires specialist healthcare can avail of these services from specialist hospitals without physically travelling, meaning a win-win situation for both, according to the company.Mercury Nimbus Suite includes Mercury on Cloud costing Rs 25,000 for initial two active user licenses and Rs 10,000 for each additional user while Mercury for Android will cost Rs 2,000 per instance, and Mercury Cloud Repository is priced at Rs 10,000 per instance.
Mercury Nimbus can be deployed in various models to suit the user. It can be deployed as all-in-one virtual instance over public and private cloud or can be used on cloud for database and storage. A single deployment can cover a group of specialists and remote doctors and or consultants to reduce cost of ownership. The suite allows users to upload, download or view wide range of file formats such as images, audio, video and documents to facilitate healthcare advisory.
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- Why Big Enterprises Are Leaving Cloud For Other Tools
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- Why AWS Is A Growth Engine For Indian Businesses
- Adidas India Redefines Customer Experience with Oracle Cloud