CA Acquires MDY
CA has announced the acquisition of MDY Group International Inc., a provider of enterprise records management software and services.
The acquisition will extend CA’s leadership in intelligent storage management following the 2005 acquisition of iLumin, a provider of enterprise message management and archiving software.
MDY’s solutions help organizations to manage physical and electronic records across the enterprise, regardless of location or origin.
The acquisition will help CA customers to fulfill compliance, corporate governance and legal discovery requirements. MDY’s record management technology attempts to complement CA’s email management, file management and discovery solutions, thereby enabling customers to fulfill compliance policies and discovery demands without incurring data migration costs or executing large-scale infrastructure changes.
Technology and market research company, Forrester Research has projected that the records management market would grow at an annual growth rate of 84% to $1.3 billion in 2008.
“Effectively managing and protecting diverse and ever-changing information assets would be a significant challenge for any enterprise,” said Bob Davis, Senior VP & GM - storage management business unit, CA.
CA plans to integrate MDY’s records management technology with its Message Manager, thus offering solutions to manage email and other business documents.
MDY’s signature product, MDY FileSurf, would also eventually help organizations to gain control over physical, electronic, and email records. Also, automating record-keeping processes would save organizations’ time and money, thereby giving users faster access to information, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational policies.
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- Women Hold Just 1 in 5 Sales Leadership Positions
- Women Hold Just One in Five Sales Leadership Positions
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India