CA acquisition spree continues
June 30, 2011
By Ashwani Mishra,
CA Technologies is on a hot streak and is going all out to build its cloud computing strategy. It announced to acquire privately-held Texas-based Interactive TKO, Inc. (ITKO), a leading provider of service simulation solutions for developing applications in composite and cloud environments, for $330 million in an all-cash transaction.
Over the past two years the company has amassed through acquisition a small army of cloud computing companies to build out its cloud strategy. Some of the companies bought up include Arcot, 4Base, 3Tera, Cassatt, NetQoS and Oblicore.
According to CA, the acquisition of ITKO will add a new and critical dimension to modern IT management and extend it to encompass the entire service delivery lifecycle. In particular, the acquisition will help customers overcome the limitations of current organizational approaches, breaking down the silos across development, testing and operations.
“The addition of ITKO will extend our ability to deliver a complete set of capabilities to help our customers and partners to increase their adoption and value from cloud-based applications,” said David Dobson, Executive Vice president, Customer Solutions Group, CA Technologies in a media statement.
The acquisition is expected to be completed within three months, pending regulatory approval.
Industry sources site that it is clear that CA sees a great deal of opportunity in the areas of management and optimization of virtual and cloud resources. So, the company has been picking off innovative companies in the hopes of building a complete portfolio in the cloud computing arena.
CA is not alone in eying the opportunities that emerge with the growth of virtualization and cloud computing. Competitors such as HP, IBM, and a few others are doing their best to win in those same areas. Players like Microsoft and Oracle are building out their own solution sets for their respective cloud environments.
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study