CA acquisition spree continues
June 30, 2011
By Ashwani Mishra,
CA Technologies is on a hot streak and is going all out to build its cloud computing strategy. It announced to acquire privately-held Texas-based Interactive TKO, Inc. (ITKO), a leading provider of service simulation solutions for developing applications in composite and cloud environments, for $330 million in an all-cash transaction.
Over the past two years the company has amassed through acquisition a small army of cloud computing companies to build out its cloud strategy. Some of the companies bought up include Arcot, 4Base, 3Tera, Cassatt, NetQoS and Oblicore.
According to CA, the acquisition of ITKO will add a new and critical dimension to modern IT management and extend it to encompass the entire service delivery lifecycle. In particular, the acquisition will help customers overcome the limitations of current organizational approaches, breaking down the silos across development, testing and operations.
“The addition of ITKO will extend our ability to deliver a complete set of capabilities to help our customers and partners to increase their adoption and value from cloud-based applications,” said David Dobson, Executive Vice president, Customer Solutions Group, CA Technologies in a media statement.
The acquisition is expected to be completed within three months, pending regulatory approval.
Industry sources site that it is clear that CA sees a great deal of opportunity in the areas of management and optimization of virtual and cloud resources. So, the company has been picking off innovative companies in the hopes of building a complete portfolio in the cloud computing arena.
CA is not alone in eying the opportunities that emerge with the growth of virtualization and cloud computing. Competitors such as HP, IBM, and a few others are doing their best to win in those same areas. Players like Microsoft and Oracle are building out their own solution sets for their respective cloud environments.
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks