CA Announces Support For IBM's z/OS Release 1.7
Computer Associates International, Inc. has announced “day one” support for IBM’s z/OS and z/OS.e version 1.7 across all its mainframe software product line.
“As the role of the mainframe continues to evolve and a new generation of IT professionals takes charge of the data center, it is essential to further simplify and automate management of z/OS resources,” said Vincent Re, senior vice president and chief architect for CA. CA is uniquely fulfilling this objective with a complete range of mainframe management solutions that enable smooth, timely implementation of the latest OS releases from IBM, he added.
The support, announced Friday, will include all CA products designed to simplify z/OS management and enhance qualities of service.
z/OS V1.7 runs on the following IBM System z9 and zSeries servers or equivalents:
z/OS.e V1.7 runs only on the zSeries 800 (2066), the zSeries 890 (2086), or comparable non-IBM servers and must execute in z/Architecture (64-bit) mode.
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- 5 Ways AI Can Live Up To Its Promise In 2018
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine