CA Announces Support For IBM's z/OS Release 1.7
Computer Associates International, Inc. has announced “day one” support for IBM’s z/OS and z/OS.e version 1.7 across all its mainframe software product line.
“As the role of the mainframe continues to evolve and a new generation of IT professionals takes charge of the data center, it is essential to further simplify and automate management of z/OS resources,” said Vincent Re, senior vice president and chief architect for CA. CA is uniquely fulfilling this objective with a complete range of mainframe management solutions that enable smooth, timely implementation of the latest OS releases from IBM, he added.
The support, announced Friday, will include all CA products designed to simplify z/OS management and enhance qualities of service.
z/OS V1.7 runs on the following IBM System z9 and zSeries servers or equivalents:
z/OS.e V1.7 runs only on the zSeries 800 (2066), the zSeries 890 (2086), or comparable non-IBM servers and must execute in z/Architecture (64-bit) mode.
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security