CA Appoints IBM Veteran As New President/ CEO
John Swainson, a 26-year industry and IBM veteran, has been named as president and CEO-elect of Computer Associates International, Inc., (CA) in a unanimous approval by the board of directors.
Commenting on the appointment, Lewis Ranieri, chairman of CA, said, “He knows what it takes to run a software business and build brands, having spent the last nine years in the senior management of IBM’s Software Group.”
“John turned a relatively unknown software solution, middleware, into a $1 billion business. With an unsurpassed passion for the customer, he possesses an understanding of how to execute on a technology vision that drives revenue growth,” Ranieri continued.
Most recently, Swainson was vice president for IBM’s worldwide software sales force where he was responsible for selling IBM’s diverse line of software products through multiple channels.
In making the announcement, Ranieri said Kenneth Cron, who has led CA since being named interim CEO in April 2004, will continue to lead the company during a four-to-six month transition period.
As president, Swainson, will have responsibility for charting CA’s software strategy and the corresponding development of the products to fulfill the vision.
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Nasscom Believes IT industry Will Perform Better Next Fiscal
- Dilipkumar Khandelwal Is New Head Of SAP HANA Cloud
- MakeMyTrip's Co-founder And President Ashish Kashyap Resigns
- Automation To Axe 7 Lakh Jobs, But Not High-skilled Jobs
- Citrix Appoints Makarand Joshi As India Country Head