CA buys cloud monitoring company Nimsoft
CA has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held Nimsoft, a provider of IT performance and availability monitoring solutions for emerging enterprises and Managed Service Providers (MSPs)-in an all-cash transaction valued at $350 million.
This acquisition will extend CA’s ability to meet the unique IT management needs of emerging enterprises and MSPs, both of which are playing leading roles in the growth of cloud computing. It will also extend CA’s position in the Service Assurance market segment, offering one of the most comprehensive suites of IT monitoring and management solutions in the industry.
"With our planned acquisition of Nimsoft, CA will be equipped to capture several important growth market segments-including emerging enterprises, emerging national economies, and the MSPs who are providing these customers with IT management services via the cloud," said Chris O’Malley, VP, cloud products and solutions business line, CA. "Penetration of these markets will further expand our global leadership in IT management and complement our existing strength with large enterprise customers."
Nimsoft’s technology and go-to-market approach also will leverage CA’s presence in growing international markets-where the company expects cloud computing and hosted/managed services to play a central role in business development.
"CA and Nimsoft are a perfect match," said Gary Read, president and CEO, Nimsoft, who will be joining CA. "We are joining a company that wrote the book on enterprise management. We’re bringing a very strong track record of success in the hosted and managed services segment and with mid-market enterprises. CA clearly shares our commitment to address customers’ evolving requirements for the management of their IT systems, including their move to virtualization and the cloud."
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation