CA expands presence with Nimsoft acquisition
CA, Inc. has completed its acquisition of privately-held Nimsoft, Inc. a provider of IT performance and availability monitoring solutions for emerging enterprises and Managed Service Providers (MSPs). The acquisition of Nimsoft involved an all-cash transaction of US $350 million. Nimsoft will operate as a standalone business unit within CA’s Cloud Products and Solutions Business Line.
The acquisition is also expected to extend CA’s ability to meet the IT management needs of emerging enterprises and MSPs — who are now gaining importance due to growth of cloud computing. At the same time, Nimsoft will leverage CA’s presence in growing international markets where it expects cloud computing and hosted/managed services to play a crucial role in business development.
"Nimsoft technology, combined with CA’s commitment to cloud computing, will provide us with a robust solution that will allow us to create more value for our clients and will enable us to continue to evolve and innovate as an MSP," said Kevin Crowe, director of Managed Services of Long View Systems.
By offering comprehensive suites of IT monitoring/management solutions in the industry, the acquisition is reported to extend CA’s leadership position in the Service Assurance market segment.
- Digital Transformation A Myth Without Good Software Usability
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales