CA expands presence with Nimsoft acquisition
CA, Inc. has completed its acquisition of privately-held Nimsoft, Inc. a provider of IT performance and availability monitoring solutions for emerging enterprises and Managed Service Providers (MSPs). The acquisition of Nimsoft involved an all-cash transaction of US $350 million. Nimsoft will operate as a standalone business unit within CA’s Cloud Products and Solutions Business Line.
The acquisition is also expected to extend CA’s ability to meet the IT management needs of emerging enterprises and MSPs — who are now gaining importance due to growth of cloud computing. At the same time, Nimsoft will leverage CA’s presence in growing international markets where it expects cloud computing and hosted/managed services to play a crucial role in business development.
"Nimsoft technology, combined with CA’s commitment to cloud computing, will provide us with a robust solution that will allow us to create more value for our clients and will enable us to continue to evolve and innovate as an MSP," said Kevin Crowe, director of Managed Services of Long View Systems.
By offering comprehensive suites of IT monitoring/management solutions in the industry, the acquisition is reported to extend CA’s leadership position in the Service Assurance market segment.
- Apollo Hospitals Using Microsoft's AI To Improve Cardiac Care
- NDMC Partners With Indus Tower To Install 55 Smart Poles
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- 5 Indications That You're Almost Losing A Customer
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- Home Automation Is The Next Big Thing, And Here Already!
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- AI, Blockchain Shake Up The Drilling Industry: Study
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study