CA releases software packages for enterprise
CA Technologies has released its software packages - Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS and Mainframe Chorus - to help enterprises reduce costs and optimise the use of system resources and IT staff. The new software also enables faster upgrade to new versions of DB2 for z/OS.
According to the company, the new software will help CIOs save time, improve availability and increase productivity by automating and streamlining manual changes and administration processes.
“We estimate that over 75 percent of DB2 customers will need to upgrade to DB2 10 for z/OS in the next 18 months,” said Dayton Semerjian, general manager, Mainframe, at CA Technologies. He added that the new software is designed to help them move to the new version faster and more reliably, so they can gain greater return on their investment.
Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS and Mainframe Chorus will drive ROI in a shorter time through the Mainframe Software Rationalization Program and also leverages CA Mainframe Chorus as a platform to increase their organisation’s capacity for growth.
The company has delivered enhancements to CA Mainframe Chorus for Security and Compliance Management. These new features help enable CIOs to use the cost-effective database, improve accuracy when issuing commands and create audit trails of what has been accomplished.
CA Technologies has also delivered improved CA Mainframe Chorus for Storage Management designed to increase productivity, improve availability and secure storage infrastructures, business information from unauthorised access.
“The mainframe is the central repository for our business, and enables us to run a 24X7 data center operation with a small number of people. From a business standpoint, it is absolutely vital that we improve DB2 availability and performance to support future growth,” said David Wade, CIO, Primerica, a leading multi-faceted financial services company.
Wade added software offerings like this address this challenge by making enterprises more efficient in DB2 problem resolution and introducing a new generation of CIOs/IT workers to the mainframe environment.
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs