Capgemini acquires Strategic Systems Solutions
Capgemini, a consulting, technology and outsourcing service provider, has completed the acquisition of Strategic Systems Solutions (SSS), a global IT services and business process outsourcing firm (BPO) focused on the financial services industry.
According to Capgemini, this acquisition will improve its capabilities and presence in the capital markets sector, while expanding its client base. In addition, Capgemini will derive added strength in the Asia-Pacific region with IT and BPO platforms in China and the Philippines, reinforcing its presence in Singapore.
Prior to the completion of this acquisition, Capgemini owned 49 percent of SSS. Now Capgemini will fully integrate SSS with its existing capital markets unit in the Financial Services Global Business Unit. "Being part of Capgemini enhances our market position, as we’ll now be able to leverage Capgemini’s strength and brand recognition," said Owen Weeks, CEO of SSS.
"The clients of SSS and Capgemini will benefit with the deep domain expertise and mature processes of both organizations in the financial services domain both globally and locally", reasoned Salil Parekh, CEO, Financial Services, India and Asia Pacific, Capgemini.
- Citrix Bullish On India's DaaS Segment
- Hexaware Appoints HCL's R Srikrishna As CEO
- Consumers Don’t Trust Retailers On Data Safety
- ING Vysya Bank Selects Mindtree As Digital Partner
- Red Hat, Cisco Extend Cloud Collaboration In India
- Yahoo Buys Flurry To Step Up Mobile Business
- Finding Needle In The Security Data Haystack
- Tata Comm To Invest $200 Mn In India Data Centers
- Wipro Bags 10-Year Outsourcing Deal With Canada's ATCO
- Cognizant Computing To Have Great Impact On Consumer IT