Capgemini acquires Strategic Systems Solutions
Capgemini, a consulting, technology and outsourcing service provider, has completed the acquisition of Strategic Systems Solutions (SSS), a global IT services and business process outsourcing firm (BPO) focused on the financial services industry.
According to Capgemini, this acquisition will improve its capabilities and presence in the capital markets sector, while expanding its client base. In addition, Capgemini will derive added strength in the Asia-Pacific region with IT and BPO platforms in China and the Philippines, reinforcing its presence in Singapore.
Prior to the completion of this acquisition, Capgemini owned 49 percent of SSS. Now Capgemini will fully integrate SSS with its existing capital markets unit in the Financial Services Global Business Unit. "Being part of Capgemini enhances our market position, as we’ll now be able to leverage Capgemini’s strength and brand recognition," said Owen Weeks, CEO of SSS.
"The clients of SSS and Capgemini will benefit with the deep domain expertise and mature processes of both organizations in the financial services domain both globally and locally", reasoned Salil Parekh, CEO, Financial Services, India and Asia Pacific, Capgemini.
- Cos At Risk Of Data Loss Through File Sync & Share
- Best Ways To Build Content Capabilities
- Snapdeal CTO Quits; May Take Entrepreneurial Route
- Cloud Making Inroads Into The Capital Markets Sector
- IoT Panel To Focus On Strengthening India's Capabilities
- TCS Named Fastest Growing IT Co Globally
- Infosys To Offer IT Services To ABN-AMRO
- CIOs Still Struggling To Bridge IT-Business Gap
- 4G May Not Become Mainstream Soon
- Sashi Kumar is CEO &MD of Happiest Minds Technologies