Capgemini acquires Strategic Systems Solutions
Capgemini, a consulting, technology and outsourcing service provider, has completed the acquisition of Strategic Systems Solutions (SSS), a global IT services and business process outsourcing firm (BPO) focused on the financial services industry.
According to Capgemini, this acquisition will improve its capabilities and presence in the capital markets sector, while expanding its client base. In addition, Capgemini will derive added strength in the Asia-Pacific region with IT and BPO platforms in China and the Philippines, reinforcing its presence in Singapore.
Prior to the completion of this acquisition, Capgemini owned 49 percent of SSS. Now Capgemini will fully integrate SSS with its existing capital markets unit in the Financial Services Global Business Unit. "Being part of Capgemini enhances our market position, as we’ll now be able to leverage Capgemini’s strength and brand recognition," said Owen Weeks, CEO of SSS.
"The clients of SSS and Capgemini will benefit with the deep domain expertise and mature processes of both organizations in the financial services domain both globally and locally", reasoned Salil Parekh, CEO, Financial Services, India and Asia Pacific, Capgemini.
- How Wells Fargo Is Driving Innovation In Finance
- Disruptive IT Offers Opportunities For App Industry
- Businesses Struggling To Consolidate Cloud Services
- IoT mandates CIOs To Turn Into Business Managers
- Mutual Fund Investments In IT Stocks Boom
- The Changing Face Of Outsourcing
- HPC Market Set for Considerable Growth
- Cognizant Acquires Odecee, a Digital Solutions Company in Australia
- CeBIT Is A Perfect Platform To Showcase Innovations
- Why Vishal Sikka's Concern On IT Costs Is Relevant