Capgemini acquires Strategic Systems Solutions
Capgemini, a consulting, technology and outsourcing service provider, has completed the acquisition of Strategic Systems Solutions (SSS), a global IT services and business process outsourcing firm (BPO) focused on the financial services industry.
According to Capgemini, this acquisition will improve its capabilities and presence in the capital markets sector, while expanding its client base. In addition, Capgemini will derive added strength in the Asia-Pacific region with IT and BPO platforms in China and the Philippines, reinforcing its presence in Singapore.
Prior to the completion of this acquisition, Capgemini owned 49 percent of SSS. Now Capgemini will fully integrate SSS with its existing capital markets unit in the Financial Services Global Business Unit. "Being part of Capgemini enhances our market position, as we’ll now be able to leverage Capgemini’s strength and brand recognition," said Owen Weeks, CEO of SSS.
"The clients of SSS and Capgemini will benefit with the deep domain expertise and mature processes of both organizations in the financial services domain both globally and locally", reasoned Salil Parekh, CEO, Financial Services, India and Asia Pacific, Capgemini.
- How Blockchain Can Help Improve Financial Services Industry
- Demonetization Spurs India's E-Payments Market, Show Studies
- Subex Announces Two New Executive Appointments
- Where Would Your Shared Managed Services Be Pinned?
- How AI Is Changing The Cybersecurity Landscape
- IBM Snaps Up Red Hat To Bolster Cloud Business
- Blockchain Investments To Grow Steadily In Next 3 Years: Study
- Worldwide IT Spending To Total $3.8 Tn In 2019
- Why Banks Alone Can't Handle Digital Payments Landscape
- Vinod Ganesan Joins Cloudera As Country Manager For India