Center Splits Communication Ministry; Creates New IT Ministry
Following the Prime Minister’s reshuffling of his Council of Ministers earlier this month, the Center has now bifurcated the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MoC&IT) to create a new ministry solely dedicated for Aadhaar and government e-services.
The newly formed Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will strive to promote, develop, implement and regulate e-infrastructure for delivery of e-services, e-innovation with regards to research and development,e-learning, e-inclusion, e-security and e-governance.
The new Ministry will be led by Minister of Law and Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad and will oversee the functioning of UDIA and issuing of Aadhaar cards.Prasad was removed from the charge of Ministry of Communications during the recent reshuffling of cabinet ministers.
According to the PTI report published in BusinessLine, the President gave his approval to the changes made in the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961.
UIDAI’s administrative control was earlier vested NITI Aayog which was formerly the Planning Commission before being taken over by with MoC&IT
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services