Center Splits Communication Ministry; Creates New IT Ministry
Following the Prime Minister’s reshuffling of his Council of Ministers earlier this month, the Center has now bifurcated the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MoC&IT) to create a new ministry solely dedicated for Aadhaar and government e-services.
The newly formed Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will strive to promote, develop, implement and regulate e-infrastructure for delivery of e-services, e-innovation with regards to research and development,e-learning, e-inclusion, e-security and e-governance.
The new Ministry will be led by Minister of Law and Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad and will oversee the functioning of UDIA and issuing of Aadhaar cards.Prasad was removed from the charge of Ministry of Communications during the recent reshuffling of cabinet ministers.
According to the PTI report published in BusinessLine, the President gave his approval to the changes made in the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961.
UIDAI’s administrative control was earlier vested NITI Aayog which was formerly the Planning Commission before being taken over by with MoC&IT
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- GSTR2: To File Or Not To File?
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Rolls Royce Partners TCS To Bolster Digital Capabilities
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Will Trade Unions Matter In The Age Of Automation