Center Splits Communication Ministry; Creates New IT Ministry
Following the Prime Minister’s reshuffling of his Council of Ministers earlier this month, the Center has now bifurcated the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MoC&IT) to create a new ministry solely dedicated for Aadhaar and government e-services.
The newly formed Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will strive to promote, develop, implement and regulate e-infrastructure for delivery of e-services, e-innovation with regards to research and development,e-learning, e-inclusion, e-security and e-governance.
The new Ministry will be led by Minister of Law and Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad and will oversee the functioning of UDIA and issuing of Aadhaar cards.Prasad was removed from the charge of Ministry of Communications during the recent reshuffling of cabinet ministers.
According to the PTI report published in BusinessLine, the President gave his approval to the changes made in the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961.
UIDAI’s administrative control was earlier vested NITI Aayog which was formerly the Planning Commission before being taken over by with MoC&IT
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services