Center Splits Communication Ministry; Creates New IT Ministry
Following the Prime Minister’s reshuffling of his Council of Ministers earlier this month, the Center has now bifurcated the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MoC&IT) to create a new ministry solely dedicated for Aadhaar and government e-services.
The newly formed Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will strive to promote, develop, implement and regulate e-infrastructure for delivery of e-services, e-innovation with regards to research and development,e-learning, e-inclusion, e-security and e-governance.
The new Ministry will be led by Minister of Law and Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad and will oversee the functioning of UDIA and issuing of Aadhaar cards.Prasad was removed from the charge of Ministry of Communications during the recent reshuffling of cabinet ministers.
According to the PTI report published in BusinessLine, the President gave his approval to the changes made in the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961.
UIDAI’s administrative control was earlier vested NITI Aayog which was formerly the Planning Commission before being taken over by with MoC&IT
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Adobe Announces Aadhaar Integration in Adobe Sign
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation