Central Mall, MobiKwik Join For Cashless Malls Chain
Central Mall, the leading lifestyle retail brand from Future Group, has joined hands with the largest independent mobile payments company in India, MobiKwik to build India’s first chain of cashless malls. 32 Central Malls in 20 cities go cashless from today, and will accept MobiKwik for payments.
Commenting on the announcement, Jitendranath Patri, Vice President Marketing & Strategy Head for Loyalty at Central - Future Lifestyle and Fashion Limited said, “As we move towards a cashless economy, it becomes imperative for brands to adopt digital payments and ensure the best user experience. Our partnership with MobiKwik marks the beginning of cashless shopping times for India.”
MobiKwik has the highest reach in offline cashless payments and has over 30 million users currently. This partnership further supports MobiKwik’s retail expansion strategy and the vision to ensure ubiquitous adoption of mobile wallets.
“We are proud to be the exclusive partner for Central Mall’s initiative to launch India’s first chain of cashless shopping destinations,” said Mrinal Sinha, Chief Operating Officer, MobiKwik. He further added, “MobiKwik pioneered the cashless payments concept in India and is focusing on offline expansion. This association is another milestone in our journey that is set to upgrade shopping and payment experience at malls, as we know it.”
MobiKwik wallet users can pay cashlessfor their shopping at any Central Mall payment counter, by sharing their registered MobiKwik mobile number and one-time- password (OTP) with the cashier, to verify the transaction or finding ‘Central Mall’ in their MobiKwik app and making push payments (screenshots/video attached).
- Paytm Mall Eyes $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March'19
- What Google's Foray Into E-Commerce Means For India
- Blockchain To Shape Next-Gen Supply Chains In Healthcare: GlobalData
- Adarsh Credit Goes Paperless With Adobe
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- India's E-Commerce Battle Heats Up During Festive Season
- Smart India Stack Can Slash Operational Costs Upto 70 pc
- Metro Shoes Taps IBM Watson For Digital Commerce
- Shifting Security Strategy From Breach 'Prevention' To 'Acceptance'