Century selects IBM to consolidate its DR centre
Recently Century Plyboards had implemented SAP and post go-live they were looking for a
redundancy-proof datacenter which could consolidate its
disaster recovery (DR) centre. As Century was an existing user of IBM’s P5550 server and IBM’s DS-4700 storage for their ERP infrastructure, the company selected IBM’s P6-550 server, DS 5020 storage and
virtualization technology to consolidate its DR centre. This implementation will help them save cost and get a return on investment (ROI) of 35-40 percent annually both in terms of with overall Opex and Capex.
"The solution from IBM will help us build a redundancy-proof datacenter for our organization and Star Cement in turn consolidating infrastructure of both the companies. This will strengthen our long term association with IBM as the preferred technology partner" said Deepak Sengupta, Senior Manager-SAP Century Plyboards.
- Cloud Computing Powering India’s Digital Economy
- Xerox: The Noun That Became A Verb, Expired
- 2018 Will Be The Year Of The Hybrid Cloud
- Digital, IoT Empowering Banking Industry
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study