Check Point to secure Amazon cloud offering
Check Point Software Technologies said that its security gateways are now available to customers through Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The company said that this will enable organizations to extend their security to the cloud with a full range of protections, or Check Point software blades, such as Firewall, Intrusion Prevention, Application Control, URL Filtering and many more.
“Infrastructure in the cloud is a reality. As many businesses plan to manage their IT infrastructure in the cloud, it is important to protect both cloud and on-premise infrastructure to ensure that all corporate assets remain secure,” said Oded Gonda, Vice President of Network Security Products at Check Point. “One of the best ways to achieve this is to enforce a consistent security policy across the organization.”
Whether an organization runs their entire business operations on AWS or utilizes AWS for flexible scaling needs, customers can enable advanced security with a few simple steps, implementing a unified policy that protects all corporate assets residing in either on-premise infrastructure or in the cloud.
For example, businesses, such as online retailers or educational institutions, can leverage the Amazon Cloud to run production workloads and manage seasonal peaks in web traffic and customer orders, while the Check Point virtual appliance further reinforces protection in the cloud infrastructure to secure all data and channels of business communication.
“The deal will help customers to choose a security solution that best meets their application’s needs,” said Stephen Schmidt, Chief Information Security Officer at Amazon Web Services.
- IBM, Salesforce Strengthen AI Partnership
- Employees Not Bothered About Company’s Security: Study
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- Is It Time To Say 'Goodbye' To Passwords?
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit