Chief Marketers Struggle With Omni-Channel Alignment: Study
Marketers are struggling to deliver on the big promise of true omni-channel alignment across both digital and physical worlds, according to a study by the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council. The report highlights that one of the biggest challenges for marketers in 2017 will be understanding the connected customer journey across all touchpoints- online and offline, and how best to interact on a more personal and content-rich level.
While digital engagement continues to grow and dominate the customer experience, 38 percent of marketers surveyed feel that digital strategies have delivered mixed results to date. This is especially the case when it comes to bridging the physical and digital customer experiences—49 percent of marketers stated that alignment between physical and digital is selective, at best, with some ties between the two being made while many remain totally disconnected.
The new report—titled “Connected Interaction to Power Brand Attraction“, explores the many ways digital transformation has impacted marketing and the organization’s ability to grow and profit from expanded relationships with customers.
Looking ahead into 2017, marketers plan to dedicate their efforts to resolving many of these disconnects. According to the study, 42 percent of respondents plan to better integrate campaigns into a comprehensive, connected customer experience; 37 percent of respondents will address connecting physical and digital experiences; and 29 percent of marketers intend to invest in more technologies to manage data, as well as the talent needed to oversee and optimize the new marketing technology stack.
“Savvy CMOs don’t see digital as a destination for transformation but instead see the digital experience as a constantly moving evolution for both engagements and operations,” noted Liz Miller, Senior Vice President, Marketing, CMO Council. “The year ahead will represent a real turning point in the customer experience as marketers plan to turn their sights toward connecting, streamlining and measuring the entire journey.”
- How HR Analytics Can Be A Game-Changer In The Banking Industry
- When Securing Customer Loyalty Becomes Critical
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy
- Making Digital Transactions Simpler And Secured
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business
- Programmatic Advertising: Reach The Right Customers At The Right Time
- 5 Digital Transaction Trends To Follow This Year
- How CIOs Of Midsize Firms Can Drive Digital Transformation