CIO Foundation Announces Platform To Support Digital India
CIDIF- CIO Digital Foundation has announced platform to collaborate and support Government of India for its Digital India and Skill Building Programs. The Digital India program is a flagship program of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
Speaking about the importance of such initiatives, Dr. Ashwani Kumar Sharma, Director General, NIELIT said, “Efforts to improve educational levels are crucial and are already being carried out by different organizations to fill critical skilled shortages. Compared to other regions of the world, new business incubation is in its infancy here and the opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurial networking are huge.”
Dr Omkar Rai, Director General, STPI while speaking on Opportunities and Challenges in Digital India program said, “When we talk about Digital India, the first step is access to high quality broadband and a smartphone. We are still lagging behind in comparison to countries like China and US, with a broadband penetration as low as 6 percent. Also there is less information and education of people in terms of what is data stealing and privacy breach.”
CIO Digital Foundation is an innovative concept launched by a group of eminent CIOs and Industry leaders to partner India in contributing back to the nation and strengthening India technology foundation. The members comprise of CIOs, Government bodies and Industry Veterans from a spectrum of companies across multiple domains.
- Digital Transformation A Myth Without Good Software Usability
- What's Driving India's Mobile-Led Economy?
- How Digital Recruiting Is Reducing Hiring Challenges
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)