CII Launches B2B Portal to Empower MSMEs
With multiple functions, this is a good initiative in the time of recession, believe industry experts.
The suite of services will facilitate MSMEs to connect, interact and access resources, as well as showcase their products online to derive cost-effective business benefits. "The initial idea was generated during discussions with the members from CII’s MSME segment on a foreign trip last year.
The portal has come out very well," said H P Kumar, chairman and managing director, National Small industries Corporation (NSIC). The online plethora of services could serve B2C in the days to come, he said. Nearly 40 percent of the domestic production is done through MSMEs in India. The portal provides detailed sectoral information on international markets. Online information under sections that include CII business services, policy watch, sectors and programs is available at a click.
The platform also offers Internet marketing solution for business development. "This is a facility which is accessible to everyone, and is interactive and cost-effective. It can also serve as a mentor that guides you through setting up of a business, as well as a platform to interact with other members," Kumar said.
The portal will also serve as a library as there is plenty of information on various schemes and institutions, essentially since several of the initiatives are not known to people. "We held 600 campaigns in the last year that covered 60,000 enterprises out of 13 million in the country. We will load all this information on the portal," Kumar said.
‘msme also has an online business network, which is a virtual community of enterprises, individuals and institutions. This initiative facilitates collaboration and information sharing in order to meet business requirements. Powered by a search engine, the key features include - profile, connections, groups and messages.
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- Here's Why Web Performance Market Will Keep Growing
- AI, AR, ML, VoLTE To Boom In 2018: Deloitte
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Top 5 SMB Tech Trends To Rule In 2018
- Small Business Financing Trends To Stay Abreast Of
- GDPR Key Challenge For Enterprises in 2018
- How 2018 Can Shape The Digital Transformation Story
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones