Cisco Brings AI-Based Voice Assistant For The Enterprise
Cisco introduced a new Artificial Intelligence-based voice assistant called Spark Assistant that will act as a virtual assistant inside an organization.
The company mentioned that Spark Assistant is not a consumer grade voice assistant such as Siri, Cortana, Alexa and Google Assistant, but an enterprise-class tool that can act as a meeting moderator and be a virtual member of the team. Spark Assistant uses conversational AI and the goal is to have people become more comfortable talking to devices.
Cisco Spark Assistant will be on the Spark platform and will be named Spark. Cisco did have the name Monica, but according to a source Monica was a name used during experiments for the voice assistant tool. Going forward the voice assistant will be named Spark.
The Spark Assistant will be first on the Cisco Spark Room Series portfolio headlined by the new Cisco Spark Room 70. The system is being powered by the Nvidia Jetson technology that has been optimized for deep machine learning.“During the next few years, AI meeting bots will be joining our work teams. When they do, people will be able to ditch the drudgery of meeting setup and other logistics to become more creative than ever,” said Rowan Trollope, SVP and GM, Applications Group, Cisco.
Cisco will release Spark Assistant in phases, starting early next year. In the first phase, a small group of customers will use select features.
Here is what you will be able to do in phase one:
· Start your meeting without any typing or dialing:
o “Hey, Spark. Join the meeting.”
o “Hey, Spark. I want to start the meeting.”
o “Hey, Spark. Let’s get started.”
· Effortlessly join your own Cisco WebEx personal meeting room or one of your co-workers’ rooms:
o “Hey, Spark. Call my meeting room.”
o “Hey, Spark. Call Victor’s PMR.”
o “Hey, Spark. Call Michael’s meeting room.”
· Quickly call anyone in your organization without lifting a finger:
o “Hey, Spark. Call Sydney.”
· Control your Cisco Spark endpoint without getting out of your chair:
o “Hey, Spark. End the meeting.”
“The future of great meetings is Spark with AI and our partners have an incredible opportunity to help customers take advantage of this game-changing technology,” he added.
- Why Most Connected Car Owners Won't Buy Self-Driving Car
- AI Raises Serious Security Concerns, Say Researchers
- Business Intelligence In Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- Cybercrime To Worsen; More Sleepless Nights For CISOs
- How Cisco Streamlined UTI's Communication System
- Nasscom Predicts Muted Growth For IT In 2018-19
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- More Customer-Facing Firms Will Use Chatbots In 2-3 Years
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 12-17)
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022