Cisco Completes Jabber Acquisition
Cisco has completed its purchase of Jabber Inc., a provider of presence and messaging software based in Denver.
The acquisition will enable Cisco to embed presence and messaging services in the network and provide aggregation capabilities to users through both on-premise and on-demand solutions, across multiple platforms including Cisco WebEx Connect and unified communications.
With the close of the transaction, Jabber becomes part of the Collaboration Software Group (CSG). CSG is part of the software group, consisting major software businesses, including the IOS network operating system, network and service management, unified communications solutions, policy management, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings.
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- AI To Bring More Jobs, Revenues To Businesses
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- How Robotics Is Changing The Shared Service Landscape
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- How TV, Print Media Firms Are Leveraging Digital Technologies
- Has Demonetization Improved India's Digital Transactions?